Sunday, August 23, 2009

OMG I DON'T BELIEVE IT~~~

THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED ADVENT CHILDREN ON TV. AND I MANAGED TO MISS THE WHOLE FIRST QUARTER. *headwalls*

Um. I shall use this space for a litte rant monologue.

So, I was watching Boys Over Flowers and Inuyasha, and since it was commercial on both channels, I started flipping through the channels to see what else was showing. AND I FOUND ADVENT CHILDREN. Fine, so it was a dub, but it was still Advent Children. Fiddled with the tv a bit, got it to display full HD. I is awesome.

Well... where to start? VINCENT'S VA IS AWESOME, for one. Even though the rest of the voices sounded kinda off, everyone had major pronunciation problems, Kadaj didn't sound bitchy enough, they really need to stop pronouncing Tifa as 'Teefa', Yazoo sounds like way too feminine, Reno is missing his 'yo's, Yuffie needs to tone down on the accent...
*takes breath*

Ok, might as well use the rest of this space for my little rant monologue. And fangirl away while I'm at it.

I was laughing through this one scene, and only due to what Weiren said:

Sephiroth: I've thought of a parting gift for you...
*Cloud and Seph fight some more*
Sephiroth: *looking down from above* Shall I give you despair?


What Weiren said: Shall I give you this pear?

The translation was ok, although they could have done better at some parts. And I think I interrupted everyone else's sleep with the sheer volume I was watching it at. All I can say is, it's Advent Children.
Plus I only just found out, from reading the credits, that the AC version of One Winged Angel is actually called Advent: One-Winged Angel. I is fail.
Speaking of credits, they actually put 'All Shinra Electric Power Company staff' into the credits at the end, just before 'AND ALL FINAL FANTASY VII FANS!!!' (not sure about the actual number of !s)

And my mind is dead of awesome. Watching the same movie on a 14-inch laptop screen with earphones is not the same as watching it in full HD on a 46-inch tv with surround sound. Kinda obvious, but I didn't really care much until just now.

Hm. Still feeling high from watching, so sleep isn't about to happen. I guess I'll just go back to silent fangirling. Until this high finally wears off...
*puts Advent: One-Winged Angel on loop*
... or maybe not. Either way is fine.

In memory of Kadaj, who (in my mind, at least) died tonight at about 12 midnight.
May Lolth watch over him.
Unless, of course, he prefers Jenova to, which he would, which effectively makes the previous sentence useless, unless Aerith decides to interfere, which she already has, which means she'll want to watch over him herself... never mind.

AND MICHELLE DON'T STRANGLE ME PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE~~~

Labels: