Thursday, September 16, 2010

*flops dejectedly*

I was about to confirm my FFXIV Collector's Edition preorder already, then realised I hadn't actually looked through the list of extra stuff properly yet.

Exclusive cover artwork, yadda, bonus ingame item, yeah, early access, exclusive making-of DVD and concept artbook, yay nice, 13 days of free playing, ya--
WAIT WHAT?


That would mean it's a monthly paid subscription game.
Which Google confirmed.
>.<

Now I'm wondering if I should still pre-order it. Sure, it'll be nice having the game and the extra stuff (concept art travel-journal-thing book yay!), but it's kinda expensive ($100) for 13 days of gaming plus a few bonuses.
And there's school, so it's not even 13 full days.
And it's going to cost me $13 a month to continue playing.

And now I discover that the normal release costs only $60. And includes 30 days of playing.

ARGH.
*dies*