Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mineeeeecraaa-- wait, what time is it?

I've been playing Minecraft for over 4hrs already?!

I opened Minecraft at 11.30, and hey, why's it suddenly 4am?
Seriously, Minecraft is turning into even more of a time waster than TV Tropes.
>.<

On the bright side, my new way of killing mobs is 'stand on floating platform and drop sand/gravel down until they suffocate'. It works as long as there're no skeletons, in which case I hastily retreat from the edge.
Managed to take down 6 creepers with this. Something that I still cannot manage with a sword. Yay~

Oh, and screencaps!

I started this world yesterday, so it's not very big yet, but then again, I'll probably keep it small until after the Halloween update.
Suprisingly, I hit iron less than 5min after starting to mine. Then again, I walked into a rather large natural cave.



My base. Yay for floating structures! Should really deal with that oversized tree though.

The inside of the base. I have no idea what to put here besides the obligatory chests, workbench and furnace.

The tree farm! With the oversized tree spoiling the entire thing.
>.<



The 'crouch at edge and drop sand/gravel until mob dies' platform. Directly above a crater which serves as a reminder not to get too close to the edge when dropping blocks or I may just fall directly onto a creeper.

Cactus farm! Still looking for reeds to add...

The hidden storage room~
With sections for food, cobblestone, dirt, sand and random stuff.

Entrance to said room. I like water+ladder-type underwater entrances a bit too much.

Added a wheat farm sometime after taking screenshots, and an infinite water spring (which, weirdly enough, still has water flow). Also managed to kill a spider, 2 skeletons and a zombie with the gravel drop, then hit the wrong block and found out that the area directly underneath was in fact made of floating sand. Luckily I wasn't standing on one of those blocks when I hit it.

Also nearly killed myself trying to block off lava flow in my mine, then remembered I had a bucket and bucketed the source. Now I have a bucket of lava sitting uselessly in my chest.

Also, do flowers actually do anything? Or are they just pretty decorations?

Also, and probably most importantly, I should be revising for exams instead.

Aha~n.