Thursday, November 25, 2010

*fumes*

Normally, my response to most large flamey internet conflicts would be go find a box of imaginary popcorn, an imaginary vantage point and watch.

But, well, the FF.Net and RedBooton issue is starting to get really ridiculous. And annoying.
Fine, delete MA stories, they weren't exactly allowed in the first place (although you'd think that FF.Net would've just not created the M rating at all, since said rating is, well, disallowed, and yes, I know they'd just spill over to the T rating like before, so why not just allow those stories already? It's not like people are going to stop posting them, or the mods are actually going to get better at their job, or the rating doesn't exist already, and I'm ranting).
But deleting slash stories, regardless of explicitness, just because they are slash?
And the entire filtering is based mostly on botting the fic and checking it against a list of words that "only appear in erotic fiction".
Um... whut? I'm sure 99% of the words on that list can, in fact, appear in a different context, and probably already have.

I could go on about how the entire profile of the creator reeks of elitism, but I think I'll save that rant for some other day.

Time to go comb LJ and hope the fic I wanted to re-read was mirrored there.

Aha~n.

P.S. The Malazan Book Of The Fallen is now the most mindscrewey thing I've ever seen/watched/read. I mean, when the character list alone takes 6 pages (fine, technically 5 if you allow for formatting), and that's just 1 book (there are 10), then something's either very wrong or very interestingly good about your book. Thankfully, in this case it's mostly the latter.