Monday, October 12, 2009

Ice cream, Milo and cookies. Oh, and long emo ramble~

Yes, I ran out of post titles. How did you guess?

Feeling sentimental tonight. That is, expect emoness and long flashbacking to follow. I have no idea why I'm posting this, other than to get it off my mind.

I was hunting in my drawers earlier, and I found a really old yearbook back from primary school, when I was in P2. Hunted a little further, and found this faded, dusty friendship band that I initially had no idea why I kept.

Then I looked through the yearbook. I flipped to my class photo (I look really nerdy in thick plastic glasses) and these two faces caught my attention. I'll call them P and Y.

P was this really spunky girl I met at the beginnning of P2, sort of what you would get if you combined Edith, Awa and maybe a bit of Jun Yup. I'll explain that one later. Anyway, we pretty much... clicked, you could say, a few weeks into the school year, and became best friends quickly. I still credit her with being the largest influence in my life so far.

Being in P2, and since both of us had this "rebellious streak", as my parents call it, we spent most of our free time wandering the school. It helped that she copied my usually correct work often, resulting in both of us becoming teachers' pets, and thus even though we got into trouble a lot, we managed to get out of it often.

She was a really nice girl, and we spent most of P2 playing this... game, or make-believe, whatever you call it. Mostly because at that time, I was really antisocial, and spent a lot of time in this fantasy world of mine. Also because our school managed to achieve the impressive feat of having 4.25 floors. That is, 4 floors and one quarter floor. (Don't ask...) There were rumours that the quarter floor was haunted.

Except she was also really manipulative. I didn't realise it at that time (I didn't even think about it until a while ago), and I'd rather not give details, but Jun Yup reminds me of her in some ways.

And then she transferred school at the end of the year. I remember being really upset, so we exchanged friendships bands before she moved.

And Y... he was a really good friend. We were classmates in P1, when I was being antisocial and he was being excluded because he wasn't as rowdy/idiotic as the other boys. He was my best friend until P came along, then he kind of dropped to the side. We were placed in different classes in P3, but we still talked occasionally. He started avoiding me after... well... a certain incident... what the heck, might as well dump it here too.

Ok... *takes breath*
What happened was that he told me he liked me, and I was like 'hah?' in return. ^///^

... I haven't seen any of my old primary school friends in a long time... since P5 or so, I think. Makes me wonder, how long will it be before the 7 (or as Naomi calls it, Famiglia, however it's spelt) drift apart completely? My parents keep on telling me it'll only be a matter of time (very specific, that); I hope it won't happen, but...

Meh. I really should be more worried about my physics test tomorrow.
RTotal = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + ...
V = IR
... looks like I still remember the formulas.

Also, Math is taking up a lot of our break now. Even though it's getting really slacky in class.

English is just boring now. Seriously, is there that much of a difference between 'slightly cold' 'cold', 'very cold' and 'icy cold'? And even if there is, I'm pretty sure you can't classify words describing degrees of cold using just those four categories.

Chinese... let's not talk about it.

Chem is the usual. Physics is easy as long as I actually listen in class.

Rawr. Nyah. Whatever.

Kemonotachi no tatakai no yo ni owari wo motarasu toki
Kuraki sora yori, megami wa maioriru
Hikari to yami to tsubasa wo hiroge
Shifuku e to michibiku, "okurimono" to tomo ni

~LOVELESS, Prologue

Labels: ,